How to wash a fibre wig ‘easily ‘ in 6 Easy Steps
First and foremost we’d like to say a big Thank you to all of our customers. . . Why? Because without them we would not know what is the most useful information to put on the website. We have listened to your comments and suggestions again and we now include a free washing guide with every wig order that we send out, making your life that little bit easier and your wig looking even more fabulous.
But then we had an afterthought . . . What if our customers lost this important guide on how to wash a fibre wig? Simple! We put an informative guide on our blog, impart our wig wisdom and provide you will all the knowledge you will need to have a beautifully washed fibre wig every time.
Ready, steady, let’s wash!
1. Gently remove any tangles from the wig, using a wide-toothed comb or brush. If you prefer, you could just use your fingers to smooth away any tangles. The best way to de-tangle the hair is to begin at the tips, combing downwards and then carefully work your way up to the roots, always using that same downwards motion.
2. In a sink, basin or bowl mix tepid water with Hair Power Shampoo and immerse the wig. Gently swirl and let the wig soak for up to 3 minutes.
3. Rinse the wig in tepid water until all of the shampoo is removed and the water runs clear. Take care to ensure the water flow of the water flows in the same direction of the hair, from root to tip. Make sure you have removed all of the shampoo thoroughly as a build-up of left over shampoo can create a matted, greasy look (and no one wants that).
4. After rinsing, it’s time to condition and make your wig silky and soft. In a sink or bowl mix tepid water with a capful of Hairpower Balsam and immerse the wig. Gently swirl and let the wig soak for up to 5-10 minutes. Do not rinse the balsam out of the wig.
5. Remove from the water and place in a towel. Gently pat out any excess water. Do not twist, rub or heavily brush the wig whilst wet. Gently comb into shape from crown to tips. Allow to air dry on a polyhead or wig stand.
To further nourish the wig, you may also use Hairpower Leave-In Conditioner. Just spray on damp or dry wigs to help protect the fibres.
If you want a bit more detail about how to wash your fibre wig or hairpiece, take a look at our alternative guide that answers some of your questions about the washing process.